Monday, July 25, 2011

Review- The Hunger Games

So I'm not sure if you've noticed my reading list on the right side bar, but I've been flying through The Hunger Games series and I just wanted to give all of you a recommendation for this AWESOME book series.

5/5 Stars:



                  The story is set in the future, after the destruction of the US (it doesn't really specify how). But the new country of Panem is under a dictatorship-like control from the current government "The Capitol". To show their power over the districts they've divided the country up into, they host The Hunger Games every year. The "reaping" is when the names are drawn as to who will participate in the games. They pick a girl and a boy from each district (ages 12-17) and they all fight to the death in an arena built by the government. The last one standing wins. The book series follows a girl, Katniss Everdeen as she has to face the Hunger Games, and the Capitol.

It's difficult to explain the book without giving away spoilers. The first chapter or two of the first book (pictured above) is a little slow, but plug through it! You won't be disappointed!! 

I read the first two books in less than two days.
I'm currently reading the third (and last) book of the series. It's so good!

I seriously recommend this book series! Even though its about fighting to the death, it's not gruesome, I promise, so if you are weak stomached, you can handle it.

If you're reading it or you've read it, let me know what you think!!

By the way, there's a movie that comes out about it next year, so excited!

 : ) 

2 comments:

  1. i LOVED the hunger games. i read the entire series in 1 week. not sure about the movie though; i find that most movies don't even come close but i may re-read the books when the movie comes out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah they have the cast list posted on imdb and some character isn't how I pictured them. But I'm still excited to see what the arena looks like and stuff. But by far, books rule over the movies :)

    ReplyDelete